A few days ago, I received an email from zorra of 1x Umruhren Bitten, who founded Bread Baking Day back in 2007, asking if I wanted to host BBD #47. I was excited and flattered. I was always hoping I’d get to host one, and now it’s here! She asked me to come up with a theme, and suddenly, I was stumped! Most everything, it seemed, had already been done. Then it hit me..it’s February, the month of love, with Valentines Day smack dab in the middle. What do we associate most with Valentines Day outside of red roses? Chocolate!
I’m asking you all to make any bread you like, as long as it contains yeast, wild or commercial, and incorporate chocolate into your bread any way you want, whether it be all chocolate, bits of chocolate, swirls of chocolate, chocolate stuffed, chocolate topped etc. The possibilities are endless! Think pain au chocolate, chocolate babka, yeasted coffee cake, buns or rolls, chocolate pizza, or something like my chocolate, cinnamon. raisin swirl challah. How about chocolate or chocolate glazed donuts? Your bread doesn’t even have to be sweet or dessert like because chocolate works very well in savory! A baguette with spicy chocolate, perhaps? A loaf with savory ingredients and chocolate? As long as you combine a yeasted dough of any kind, with any kind of chocolate – you’re golden! It’s ok if you add other ingredients such as nuts, dried fruits, or anything your heart desires – as long as it’s a bread that contains chocolate. Get creative, be daring..but most of all, have fun! If you’ve never taken part in Bread Baking Day before, check out the round-up of last months Bread Baking Day (#46), hosted by Noor of Ya Salam Cooking.
To take part in this event, you are required to do all of the following;
- Create and bake your bread
- Post about it on your blog, then link that post back to this post
- If you’re blog is in another language, just make sure you post an English version of the recipe
- When you’re done, email me at [email protected] … with BBD #47 in the subject line, and include the following;
1. Your name
2. The name of your blog and the URL
3. The name of your bread and the URL to the post (permalink)
4. Your location – where you are from.
5. A photo of your bread, no larger than 500 pixels wide by 400 pixels long.
– The deadline for your submission will be March 1st 2012, at midnight Eastern Time.
– The round-up of all the submissions will appear here on March 5th, 2012
– Your bread must be made in the month of February, 2012 – the latest, March 1st, 2012.
– If you’d like me to contact you when the round-up is up, please include that in your email to me.
If you want, use the logo in the upper left hand corner at the top of this post, in your post, to promote the event. Just right-click and save it to a location on your computer. Link it to zorra’s BBD#47 announcement or this post.
I’m really looking forward to seeing what you all come up with!