My name is Lisa, and I’m just a gal who loves to bake and cook. If you have any questions, feel free to email me and I’ll tell you anything you want to know (Well, within limits. No weird fetish questions, please.). Here’s a few trivial (and silly) things to start;
- My favorite color is electric blue.
- Favorite scents – lilac, summer rain, cinnamon apple, Fall leaves, new car, and puppy breath.
- Two favorite words – discombobulated, FUSION, and amalgamation.
- Two least favorite words – umami and unctuous.
- Favorite food related quote – “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
- I love most green veggies overcooked. No idea, why, but I cook them perfectly for everyone else.
- I prefer my ice cream slightly melted.
- I know every word to Rapper’s Delight.
- I don’t use accents on foreign words on this blog (grave, circumflex, tilde,umlaut, dieresis etc). For instance, pâté on this blog will always be pate. No reason other than bringing up the accent/character chart kind of annoys me and interrupts the ‘flow’.
- Something I HATE – People who make things up about people to destroy them, simply because they don’t like them and/or don’t want them to succeed/prosper. I believe the proper term for that would be sociopath. Also, being accused of something you DID NOT DO, also because someone(s) doesn’t like you and/or wants to stop you from achieving any success.
- UPDATE:I know I have not put up a blog post in a very long time, but I made a promise to my amazing father, (he loved this blog) who passed away suddenly in 2016, that I would never, ever take this blog down, especially after what was done to me, even if I get zero visitors/hits, and that’s a promise I will keep forever. I might occasionally put up a new post, because it’s what I love to do, so keep checking back.
Everything I cook and bake is from scratch, using the freshest and best quality ingredients I can find. I love to create, experiment, invent, and put my own touches on tried and true sweet and savory delicacies. It’s kind of an obsession.
I’m still learning photography, but due to a lack of good natural light in my home, pretty props, and a good macro lens, it’s nowhere near where I’d like it to be. I currently use a Canon Digital Rebel XTi with a 50 mm f1.8 lens and a Lowel Ego Light.
My blog is not just a recipe site, it’s a place where I like to tell stories, vent, and just talk about whatever I want, so it’s essentially an amalgam of a food blog and whatever journal.
As for the ads you see on this site, any money they bring in is donated to different charities. I do not profit from this blog.
That said, please feel free to leave comments, whether they be negative or positive. I love to be critiqued so it can make me better at what I do.
I can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org – lismi171 AT yahoo DOT com. The 171 was a number yahoo assigned to lismi when I opened this account many moons ago. I had no idea there were 170 lismi’s out there.
Hope you enjoy!
All text and photos ©Parsley, Sage, and Sweet 2008-PRESENT except where otherwise noted. If you’d like to republish or feature any of my recipes, you may use any photo you like with proper attribution, but please do not take any of my written text outside of the list of ingredients, providing a link back to my site to get the directions to said recipe.